Like Kind Exchange (LKE) is most applicable for companies that have a
significant number of assets that:
Any company that
maintains assets that are sold at a gain and ultimately replaced
may be able to take advantage of Like Kind Exchange. The PwC-eLKE system
can be highly beneficial for both large and medium-sized companies.
are used in their trade or business
are disposed of at a
are replaced periodically with assets of a
Examples of companies that might benefit from PwC-eLKE include:
- Dealer/lessors of heavy equipment including equipment used in the construction,
agriculture, mining, trucking and transportation industries
- Lessors of smaller equipment, furniture, hospital and potentially, large computer equipment
- Small auto leasing companies.
- Transportation companies
- Construction companies with significant investments in machinery and equipment
- Trucking companies
- Airlines and Utilities that maintain repair, service and maintenance vehicles
- Companies that maintain own fleets of vehicles used by their employees
- Oil and gas companies that own and replace their drilling equipment.